The two key ingredients in a caterpillar roll are the eel (unagi – freshwater or anago – salt water), avocad and the unagi sauce.
Caterpillar Sushi Roll Burger
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce (don’t omit this!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 burger buns
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4-8 leaves of lettuce, washed
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 filet of unagi (Japanese barbecued freshwater eel)
- nori (roasted seaweed) strips
- unagi sauce
- Mix the ground beef, fish sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Form the ground beef into four regular patties or as many slider patties as you can make, taking care not to pack them too tightly.
- Grill the patties on high heat to desired doneness, flipping once.
- Remove the burgers when ready and layer on the bottom bun: lettuce, tomato, burger, avocado, unagi, nori strips, and unagi (eel) sauce.
- Top the burger with the bun. Makes 4 large burgers and up to 10 sliders.
Sushi-World : Homemade Sushi recipes http://sushi-world.net/wp/