High in fibre, a good source of iron, vitamin C and it counts as 3 of your 5-a-day – what’s not to love about this superhealthy salad?
Puy lentil, spiced roast carrot & feta salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 500g carrots, peeled, halved and cut into batons
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 250g pouch cooked Puy lentils (or canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g lamb's lettuces
- 85g feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a shallow roasting tin, toss together half the oil, the cumin, carrots and some seasoning. Roast for 25 mins, turning halfway through cooking. Drizzle over the honey, stir and roast for 5 mins more.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the lentils with the onion, lemon juice, remaining oil and some salt and pepper. Allow to cool slightly while the carrots finish cooking.
- Toss the dressed lentils with mint and lamb’s lettuce. Lay warm spiced carrots on top and scatter with feta.
Sushi-World : Homemade Sushi recipes http://sushi-world.net/wp/