A fresh and vibrant salad with a fantastic mix of flavours and textures, ready in half an hour.
Mixed mushroom & ham salad
- 2 flat mushrooms
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 100g button mushrooms
- 100g extra fine green beans, stalks trimmed
- generous knob of butter and olive oil for frying
- 6 slices Parma ham
- 4 Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated and rinsed
- 6 eggs, boiled and halved
- For the dressing:
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp each parsley and tarragon leaves
- 1 tbsp basil, chervil or dill leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Trim the stalks from the mushrooms and cut each flat mushroom into thick slices. Leave the chestnut and buttons whole if small, or halve if large. Cook the beans in boiling salted water for just a few mins so they stay crisp. Drain under cold running water to quickly cool.
- To make the dressing, blitz all of the ingredients together in a food processor, adding an extra teaspoon of mustard if you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the dressing into a screw-top jar, giving it a good shake before using.
- Season the mushrooms. heat the butter and a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan. Add the mushrooms and fry them over a high heat, turning a few times. After a few mins, when the mushrooms have taken on a roasted colour and become tender, transfer them to a bowl. Shake a little dressing on top of the mushrooms. Can be prepared to this point up to 2 hours ahead.
- Tear the Parma ham into pieces. Whisk the mushroom juices into the rest of the dressing. lay some of the lettuce leaves on a large platter, then layer up the rest quite casually with the mushrooms, Parma ham, eggs and any extra herb sprigs.
- Drizzle the dressing liberally over the salad and serve.
Sushi-World : Homemade Sushi recipes http://sushi-world.net/wp/