This dish contains the goodness of sushi but saves you the painstaking rolling and shaping
Japanese salmon & avocado rice
- 300g sushi rice
- 350g skinless salmon fillets
- 2 small, ripe avocados, sliced
- juice 1 lemon
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
- 4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- small handful coriander leaves
- Rinse the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear. Drain and put in a large pan with 400ml water. Bring to the boil, turn the heat to low, cover, then cook for 10-12 mins until the rice is almost cooked. Remove from the heat, then leave, covered, for another 10 mins.
- Thinly slice the salmon and arrange on a platter with the sliced avocado. Drizzle over the lemon juice and soy, making sure everything is evenly covered. Leave in the fridge to marinate for 10 mins.
- Carefully tip the juices from the salmon platter into the rice, then stir in with a little salt. Divide the rice between 4 bowls. Scatter the sesame seeds, spring onions, chilli and coriander over the salmon and avocado, then serve with the rice.
Sushi-World : Homemade Sushi recipes http://sushi-world.net/wp/